Our consultancy services help organizations solve problems and achieve business goals. Our professionals will work with you to develop and implement processes that will help your business excel for years to come.
Here's what you need to know about business consultants and what you can expect when you work with an experienced Pasquesi Sheppard consultant.
What Is a Business Consultant?
A business consultant is an experienced professional who lends their accounting expertise to business owners in areas such as:
- Business Management
- Business Financial Planning
- Company Human Resources
- Business Legal Matters
They can also give industry-specific advice depending on their background.
Our consulting services help organizations develop management goals that address business problems. To be effective, our consultants remain in close contact with our clients and remain actively involved in its operations, including keeping a close analytical eye on market and tax trends.
Why Are Business Consultants Important?
Business consultants help business owners achieve their company goals. Further, the increasing complexity of today's business environment and global competitive arena make problem-solving an ongoing necessity. Business expansion, mergers and acquisitions, information systems, business plan development, and personal financial counseling for owners all require the input of experienced professional advisors.
For many of our clients, business consulting is the single most important service we provide. It reflects the total capacity of our firm: our breadth of experience and the commitment of our partners to meet the individual needs of each client with a direct, personal, and ongoing relationship. Here are some potential roles business consultants can assume depending on your needs:
- Enact change: Business consultants can play a unique role in helping you enact change within your company, which could entail improving internal operations, helping you traverse new markets, or rebranding yourself to your customer base.
- Stand in as staff: Business consultants have diverse professional backgrounds in a variety of industries. For this reason, you can enlist the services of our consultants to create temporary staffing solutions in your company's management, HR, or finance departments. You can also use one of our business consultants to review your financial information and compile a detailed report that allows you to make more informed decisions.
- Train staff members: You can hire one of our business consultants to help train or retrain staff members within your company. This is especially helpful in areas such as improvements to office morale, awareness of employment laws and benefits, and financial planning.
- Make difficult decisions: As a business owner, you need to make difficult decisions, like layoffs, downsizing, or product discontinuation. Our team of consultants can help you determine the best options for your company and the best way to address your employees.
- Help start a business: Starting a business requires a lot of hard work and dedication, and the right business consultant can help you make smart decisions early on to create a strong foundation for your start-up.
- Network for businesses: Business consultants often have connections with prominent figures and other organizations within the community, making them a great source for networking between your business and potential investors or customers.
Professional Background for Business Consultants
Business consultants can come from a variety of professional backgrounds. Typically, business consultants have a bachelor's or master's degree in business or finance and have worked in previous roles as managers, human resource directors, marketing specialists, or operations analysts. A business consultant's professional background could also be more industry-specific. For example, a business consultant who specializes in information technology may have had previous jobs as an IT specialist or software developer.
In addition to education and work experience, business consultants might also have one or more professional certifications that add to their qualifications. Here are some examples of certifications that business consultants hold:
- Certified Business Consultant
- Small Business Consultant Certification
- Certified Management Accountant
At our firm, we have several partners with over 20 years of dedicated service to our clients. These talented individuals specialize in areas like corporate taxes, small business taxes, estate planning, auditing, entrepreneurial practices, acquisitions, assurance engagement, and compliance services.
Similarly, some of our partners have previous experience working under titles such as chief financial officer, senior tax manager, small business accountant, and auditor. These roles have prepared them to help others with similar aspects of their business.
In addition, our partners have a wide range of credentials such as Certified Public Accountant and Financial Planner, which allows them to provide clients with sound financial advice regarding their business.
What to Expect From Our Consultants
Our business consultants have a process for getting to know their clients and coordinating the most efficient way to help them. Here is what to expect when you enlist the help of one of our business consultants:
- Interest in your company: Once we pair you with one of our experienced consultants, they will get to know your company. They will ask you questions about the background of your business, the number of employees, and your financial history. This process helps them understand your company and gives them a foundation to build off of.
- On-site meetings and check-ins: Our business consultants complete an on-site tour of your company to meet you and your department heads in person. Throughout the process, you can expect your consultant to regularly check in with you to monitor progress.
- Honest advice: With previous experience in management and financial positions, our consultants are dedicated to providing objective advice that best benefits your business.
- Support and guidance: Throughout our relationship with your company, and even after our work is done, we will continue to support you and offer guidance whenever you need it.
- Devotion to your success: Above all, our business consultants want you to succeed. As our client, you can expect us to do everything in our power to help you make the right decisions for your company.
Business consultants can be a great way to gain a fresh perspective on your company and its practices.
Contact us today, and we will pair you with a business consultant who meets your needs.
We look forward to serving you and helping you achieve your professional goals
Experienced and professional accountants Ready to talk.
Call now for a consultation